1. Mixing white vinegar with food dye or whatever you are using to color your eggs helps the color absorb more.
2. If you do not have vinegar, lemon/lime or some other vitamin C rich acidic juice can be used as a substitute.
3. Wrap eggs with cord, rubber bands, or hair ties before dying to create stripes or patterns.
4. OR wrap them after dying, then dip in another color to create a cool effect.
5. Use stickers or wax to decorate your egg then peel off after dying.
6. Use painter's tape to make stripes or patterns on your eggs.
7. Candies, such as Skittles, can be used as dye as well. The sugar from the candies will give your eggs a shine!
8. If you dye your eggs in a candy mixture, then dip them in food coloring dye they will have a pretty watercolor appearance.
9. Paint directly on your eggs with your coloring and a paint brush to make your own watercolor effects.
10. Don't be afraid to experiment with your eggs and dyes!